Friday, July 22, 2011

Exposure to Venereal Desease

I am waiting for my Argentinian friend to come eat quiche w me...It's 8:45 and I'm starving...usually I wouldn't mind, but I went to Zumba, so I'm hungry...I guess it's an Argentinian tradition to be late...
While I wait I decided to do sth productive. There are dishes in the sink and a pile of laundry on the recliner....However, I decided it was better use of my time to pick the dress I'll wear for my divorce party and write on my blog...
Yesterday I went to the doctor for my annual exam...
After work, I suddenly realized I needed to shave really bad...so I'm glad I had the time for it...or it would have been impossible to insert anything there (and not in the fun way).
So, I had a pap done (not very exciting "action") and I asked to get STD tested...I said "I haven't had sex since I got divorced and I had the tests done while I was pregnant but I want to have those current results"...The doctor more than gladly agreed.
When he came back with the order he told me "The Diagnosis says "exposure to Venereal Disease" so that the insurance will cover it"....(Do you know where I work???)...Since it was before 7 (time the Lab closes) I went across to the hospital and got the paperwork for my labs.
When the lab tech came, I let her know "I haven't been exposed to a Venereal Disease, I haven't been expose to sex AT ALL..." She thought it was funny...I just kept thinking of all the people around the hospital that would see it...
She takes out 4 tubes to be filled w my blood....I hate needles...I don't know how I got my tattoos done, and had 2 epidurals...I'm such a baby...I think this was the second time in my life I didn't have anybody to hold my hand while I don't look at the Lab tech drawing blood from me...
She gave me the good news that she was only going to poke me once..but every time she took a tube out and put another one in...I suffered...
After she was done, she left the folder in the bin...I asked if she was going to take it to the front...but "No, tomorrow"...yes, please..let's just delay the process and increase the exposure....
Anyways...next day...I told my department so that, is anyone saw it they knew how virginal I was...
I guess it changed my view...I used to think people getting those were truly.....a mess...And I'm clearly not (aside from mentally)...very humbling...
It's another day, Maria came, so I just saved it...and now I'm laying on my freshly mowed grass...Dory, my manual land mower...has gotten sharpened enough that, paired up w my hulk like strenght, can completely handle this yard in less than an hour...and leave time and energy to lay on it, enjoy it, listen to Sugarland and write....American dream, right???
OK friends...Thanks for reading about my extraordinarily ordinary life
Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment